|Sector||EstimatingQuantity Surveying (Commercial)|
|Salary||£45,000 - £55,000 + Package|
- A Home Counties based Main Contractor who work within the general build environment are looking to secure the services of an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor. Projects vary but the most recently awarded was a £14m new build hotel, hostel and 2x retail units.
Regarding the experience of the candidate this business is open minded. You could be Assistant looking to step up or a more established Estimator/Surveyor. This company are growing and opportunities to progress and be established will be obvious from day one.
The role is a mixture of office and site based.
- Preparing relevant, important documents at early stages of a construction project including:
o Contract documents
o Cost plans
- Appraising tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary
o Assisting the team to estimate and agree on variations and extras
o Lead on the identification, management, control and mitigation of project risk during the tender stage
- Carrying out any post-contract costings and valuations that may be required
- Assisting the Procurement Manager/Construction Buyer in the negotiation of any materials or sub-contractors
- Monitor costings against agreed budgets; including identifying potential risks and evaluating options to reduce their effect
- Consult with other key workers on the project to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the current status of construction and any changes to design and construction work
- Attending both on and off-site meetings regarding projects
The ideal candidate must have,
- Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator with the ability to cover both disciplines.
- Strong computer skills,
It would be an advantage to have/be,
- Worked for a recognised Main Contractor
- Within 1 hour of the office.
Please advise if you feel the salary does not match your expectations but you feel you would be suited to this role. The company prides itself on employing the best so budgets can change for the right person.
If you feel your experience suits the above requirements please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your experience does not suit the above role but you work with in construction, please feel free to send your CV for consideration for future roles.