CAD Facade Designer / Drawing Office Manager
|Sector||Other Construction Roles|
|Salary||Circa £35k - £40k|
- A well-established Glazing Contractor based in Luton are currently looking for a CAD Façade Designer to join their operations team. The individual will be working on a projects up to £1m.
The types of projects my clients work on are predominantly in the Commercial, Retail and Residential Sectors. This ensures that employees have the luxury of working on a variety of different projects.
The client are looking for a designer with a strong background and knowledge of commercial glazing systems - this is essential. They are also looking for an individual preferably with curtain walling, aluminium curtain walling fitting knowledge, and a knowledge of fire and security systems would also be an advantage but not essential.
Key duties will include:
- Obtaining information from handovers, drawings, briefs and specifications. Responsible for working to client supplied information, documents and scope of works.
- Accurately interpret site survey reports and recreate within AutoCAD.
- Produce detailed design drawings within the company design standards.
- Liaison and coordination with third party manufacturing facilities.
- Attend site to carry out and/or assist with surveys.
- Produce both design drawings and full working production/manufacturing drawings.
- Use of AutoCAD 2D to a proficient level.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office – Excel and Word.
- Ability to quickly identify design issues and redesign efficiently and effectively.
- A professional approach to work and clients.
- Relationship building with clients.
- Assist in continuous communication with the client's personnel.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to join a solid company with an impressive portfolio of work. They are not only in a strong position with current work, but they are maintaining their success at winning more work putting them in a strong position.
If this does sound of interest, then please call e mail your up to date CV to robert@ashbrittlecom or call me on 01727 854 054 for a further discussion