Technical Manager - Asphalt
|Area||Bahrain, Middle East|
|Sector||Other Construction Roles|
|Salary||Excellent Salary + Expat Package|
- Our Client is a leading international building materials supplier and construction company. Due to continued success, they are looking for a Technical Manager who can provide leadership, guidance and direction to the Technical Department, ensuring that all objectives and targets are achieved.
Working closely with the laboratory, operations and marketing departments your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all technical staff.
- Ensure full compliance with quality and product conformity, BS EN 13108 Series for Asphalt Concrete and BS 594987 Asphalt for roads and other paved areas - Specification for transport, laying and compaction and type testing protocols.
- Effective management of ISO 9001 Quality Assurance and Health and Safety.
- Evaluating material suppliers and negotiating and implementation of supply agreements.
- Liaising with material suppliers regarding material quality and suitability.
- Investigate and settle all product liability complaints.
- Maintain all plant and the design and implementation of margin enhancing products to the marketing team.
- Hiring and training staff for the laboratory.
- Auditing asphalt plants to reduce potential risks and defects.
- Evaluating materials to reduce costs and promote niche products.
- Operate a commercial test house to reduce laboratory costs.
- Scrutinize specifications to ensure that quotes are correct and offer alternative mixes to improve competitiveness.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong English verbal and written skills.
- A ‘hands on’ manager prepared to lead by example.
- Be a natural mentor with gravitas and credibility to influence at all levels.
- Be Degree or Diploma qualified in a relevant discipline.
- An asphalt and aggregates expert.
- Have considerable technical and quality assurance/control experience.
- Have Middle East experience (preferred, but not required).
- Ideally come from a quarrying and recycling background.
This is a long term opportunity with a highly successful organisation and can be offered on a Single, Married or Family Status basis. The expat package on offer is excellent.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply through this website or email Richard Bell directly quoting reference number RB940