This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||London , UK|
|Sector||Other Construction Roles|
|Salary||Negotiable plus benefits|
The Bid Managers are to conduct themselves in a manner to promote a positive image of the business with a view to securing repeat business enquires and orders and are to ensure the efficient, safe and profitable management of Prequalification Questionnaires and Tenders delegated to them by the Preconstruction Director.
Job objectives and responsibilities:
The Bid Manager is key in securing projects through their involvement and management of the pre-qualifications and tenders
The role requires you to integrate fully with the preconstruction, estimating and construction teams to provide support to the PQQ and tender submissions, post tender interviews and preconstruction phase activities. Carefully managing all aspects of the process, developing high quality bid submissions, writing technical and non-technical components, and reviewing and editing Pre Construction documents.
In order to ensure that growth and development of the business is met, the role of the Bid Manager is to provide clients with superior, innovative and informative bid documents that set our client apart from the competition while making sure their brand is articulated through all documents and presentations.
The Bid Manager should have extensive knowledge of the project management and complex bid and tender process, particularly within the construction and interior fit out industry. They should posses a sound understanding of construction fit out: particularly the areas of buildability logistics, construction management, technical services, health and safety, quality and administrative duties.
They must be meticulous and instinctively creative, building an innovate strategy tailored to every individual client and with a commitment to achieving deadlines while working under strict time constraints.
The Bid Manager should have excellent communication skills and be able to converse fully with the Preconstruction, Construction teams and other contributors to the bid process. They will be required, from time to time, to attend tender interviews and therefore conduct themselves professionally on all levels.
The Bid Manager is expected to be self sufficient and an effective manager of time and have the ability to manage and prioritise the workload presented to them, assisting other team members and offering support where necessary.
They must possess a natural ability to build relationships both internally and externally in order to explain our approach, methodologies and detailed proposal knowledge, as well as gather technical information to assist in the bid process and adjust where necessary to accommodate client revisions.
- Complete PQQs and Technical Proposals to market leading standards and to strict deadlines
- Analyse tender documents to define client requirements, deliverables, set deadlines and identify input needed from other internal departments
- Identify key issues, risks and opportunities within the Project and Tender Information
- Develop Bid proposal for presenting to the Senior Team
- Understand relevant procurement routes and their nuances (Lump Sum, Design & Build, Two Stage)
- Create an innovate bid strategy tailored to individual client needs
- Multiple PQQs & Tenders will be require at any one time, a key skill set of time management and the ability to prioritise will be essential.
- Ensure all stakeholders are updated throughout the process and conduct appropriate actions in response
- Manage input from internal and external sources contributing to the documents
- Chair internal Mid Bid meetings
- Continually develop and improve the bespoke nature of the proposal and PQQ documents
- Proof read all documents ensuring they are fully compliant, quality checked and accurate prior to submission
- Ensure the brand is consistent through all documents and presentations
- Take a proactive role in the writing and updating of content / CVs / Case Studies
- Remain current with any QHSE / ISO and industry Accreditations that affect our ability to bid
- Develop Post Tender Interview presentation content on external agenda
- Be accurate when presenting information and closing gaps by interviewing / questioning relevant parts of the business
- Continuously update Libraries as personnel information changes and projects complete
- Work with external sources to deliver high quality printing, imaging and presentation literature
- Attend site visits and Interviews where necessary
- Ensure all aspects of the bids are completed and safely delivered within deadline
- Draft tender cover letter to accompany submission highlighting any key issues
- Work with the business development team to create and maintain superior supporting documents
- Track PQQ success rates for board reporting
- Discuss, challenge, develop and conclude the proposal and presentation content with the Preconstruction Director, Project Directors and Divisional Managing Director.
- Carefully manage tenders and PQQs with assistants and trainees to ensure a back stop against the company towards risk and also to advance their knowledge in the process.
- Assist in creating a team by trying to create a positive and encouraging working environment in which assistants and trainees can flourish.
Personal specification – experience and management:
Proven track record in;
- Leadership, organisation and knowledge of the fit out process.
- Advanced verbal and written communication in order to represent the company to the highest level.
- Strong knowledge of competitor documents
- IT literate including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Adobe Suite including Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Experience and proven track record of delivering high quality bid submissions
- Process driven to ensure compliance with ISO management systems.
- Confident, knowledgeable and articulate personality to ensure engagement with clients and staff.
- Effective communicator to clients, design team, internal team and contributors.
- Organised and structured style.
- Ability to train and develop junior members of the team.
Please telephone Robert Ferrari on 01727 854 054 quoting reference number RF1876, for a preliminary discussion, or e-mail me your CV in strict confidence to email@example.com